Monday, October 21, 2013

Blogging challenge

I am such a terrible blogger... I've left this blog languish for months. On one hand, I keep thinking, 'I need to update this! I need to let the people who care (if anybody actually does care...) know that I am working on more books! Demons World is in the final edits, and I have started working on another fantasy story.'

But then... All right. I said it. What else?

So I thought I'd take on this blogging challenge with a set list of questions and just run through each one. I probably won't post every day but once in a while is better than not at all... I hope!

Let's see what the question is for day 1...

Day 1: Describe where or what you come from. The people, the places, and/or the factors that make up who you are.

I come from France, and while I've been living in the United States for a dozen years now, being French certainly is a big part of who I am. I'm not 'just' French, though. My husband teases me and calls me 'farm girl' to his 'city boy'. I don't consider myself a farm girl, but that is where my roots are.

My grandparents were farmers, and going to the farm every Sunday when I was a child is one of my fondest memories. There was always something to do to help the grown-ups, and working with my grandmother always made me feel special.

I think it gave me an appreciation for hard work - and good work. My grandparents certainly didn't get rich raising cows and poultry or growing grains, but they raised three children who all have their heads on their shoulders and can take care of themselves and their families.

'What you reap is what you sow' is such a trite phrase, but there's no denying it's true. I only hope they would have been proud of what I've become.

No comments:

Post a Comment